[Ecls-list] ECL and Slime

Clayton Morrison clayton at ISI.EDU
Wed Jan 10 02:16:15 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am new to ECL and this mailing list, and the mailing list archive
link is currently broken, so apologies if this question has already
been addressed previously.  I am interested in the status of slime
integration with ECL.  I was recently pointed to a small thread (from
August 2005) on the slime-devel list that noted an initial port of
slime to ECL:

	http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/slime-devel/2005-August/003811.html

A reply in the thread notes that there was some work still needed to
make the port robust.  Also, I have installed ECL v0.9i and tried it
with slime, but find that the slime debugging facilities don't appear
to be fully functional.  For example, the backtrace is not accessible
(leading to further errors with the SWANK-BACKEND:FRAME-LOCALS).  My
questions are:

(1) Is anyone on this list actively developing in ECL using slime?
(2) Has there been or is there planned further work on the slime
interface to ECL, specifically to address the slime debugging and
backtrace issues?  (If planned, is there an estimate on progress or
when an update will be made?)

Thanks!

Clayton T. Morrison
Information Sciences Institute