[Ecls-list] build.vc8 files in mac format

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 15 08:53:40 UTC 2007

2007/2/15, Dean O'Connor <dean.oconnor at ite.com.au>:
> True, the CVS server-side doesn't care about line endings, but the CVS
> client-side seems to have adopted this role for some platforms (like
> Windows). [...]
> If Windows CVS's clients did no newline translation then a lot of
> Windows programs would have to handle *nix newlines and visa-versa. I
> guess in a perfect world they would :)

I live in a perfect world... I live in Emacs ;-)

No, seriously, many other concurrent versioning systems will _not_ do
this for you. Darcs, mercurial, and ordinary builds of svn do not,
AFAIK.

> So I still might submit the email to the TortoiseCVS users mailing list
> to hear their viewpoint.

It seems that now we are at least on the safe side, whatever the
TortoiseCVS people decide to do. I will have to be reminded, though,
to check for CR+LF consistency in files that I  import in the future.

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/