[Ecls-list] Compiling on OpenBSD fails

Bruce O'Neel ecl at pckswarms.ch
Thu Feb 8 14:12:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

Just to test I downloaded ecl 0.9i from sourceforge and my patch from my download
web page onto a i386 OpenBSD 4.0 box, and, it seems to work.  The exact commands
from history were:

2452    tar xzvf ecl-0.9i.tgz
2453    cd ecl-0.9i
2454    tar xzvf ../ecl-0.9i.openbsd40patch-20070111.tgz
2455    ls
2456    uname -m
2457    ls ~
2458    ./configure --prefix=/home/edoneel/local-i386
2459    pwd
2460    fg
2461    gmake
2462    gmake install
2463    echo $PATH
2464    ecl

and in the end I had a working ecl.

[edoneel at blazar.unige.ch 2470]$ ecl
ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9i
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Broken at EVAL.
> (/ 1 3)
1/3
> (/ 1. 3)
1/3
> (/ 1.0 3)
0.33333334
> :apropos time
SI::%DOTIMES-VAR
SI::DO-TIME  Function
ENCODE-UNIVERSAL-TIME  Function
GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME  Function
LOAD-TIME-VALUE  Special form
GET-INTERNAL-REAL-TIME  Function
GET-DECODED-TIME  Function
INTERNAL-TIME-UNITS-PER-SECOND  Constant: 60
DECODE-UNIVERSAL-TIME  Function
DOTIMES  Special form
TIME  Macro
GET-UNIVERSAL-TIME  Function
> (get-universal-tim)
The function GET-UNIVERSAL-TIM is undefined.
Broken at EVAL.
>> :q
Broken at EVAL.
> (get-universal-time)
3379932707
> (decode-universal-time (get-universal-time))
4
12
15
8
2
2007
3
NIL
-1

Could you try this in a clean directory and see what happens please?

Thanks.

cheers

bruce