[Ecls-list] Windows port fixed

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Tue Feb 6 09:24:41 UTC 2007

> > It's a matter of taste, but you already have a debugger in VS2005,
> > even in the express edition (I use it :-). I just start the
> > environment with the target executable:
>
> That's a nice tip.
>
> But do you know anything about the compilation flags? With
> /Zi the compiler failed to build the program database and the
> compilation stopped. One could restart it once, or twice, and
> it would eventually succeed. I wonder what is wrong, or
> whether one is not expected to use
> VS2005 from the command line. I have seen the same bug
> reported by other projects using the free edition.

I'm always using /Zi flag to enable debugging and I've never
had a problem with it (VS6 and VS2005-express). An important point
is that you must enable debugging at compile *and* link time: if
you link through link.exe, you must use the /debug flag; if you
link through cl, /Zi flag does it automatically.

Besides this, debugging have always worked for me. You can even
move compiled things around, the .pdb location is stored in the
executable (it does not have to be in the same dir). So you can
start a debugging session with an installed executable.

Michael.