[Ecls-list] Windows port fixed

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 6 09:14:52 UTC 2007

2007/2/6, Goffioul Michael <goffioul at imec.be>:
> > I think I have fixed most of these things. At least the CVS
> > version builds with Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express, or
> > whatever combination of words names it. The library can be
> > built with debug information using nmake ECL_DEBUG=1. I moved
> > from the flag /Zi to /Z7, because somehow in my system the
> > compiler kept on crashing with a message that it could not
> > access the "program database" where debug symbols are stored.
> > Anyway, it works now and I am able to debug ECL using the
> > free WinDbg, to be found in Microsoft's homepage.
>
> It's a matter of taste, but you already have a debugger in VS2005,
> even in the express edition (I use it :-). I just start the environment
> with the target executable:

That's a nice tip.

But do you know anything about the compilation flags? With /Zi the
compiler failed to build the program database and the compilation
stopped. One could restart it once, or twice, and it would eventually
succeed. I wonder what is wrong, or whether one is not expected to use
VS2005 from the command line. I have seen the same bug reported by
other projects using the free edition.

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/