[Ecls-list] experimental patch for review (unboxed functions and some misc socket fixes)

Brian Spilsbury brian.spilsbury at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 10:16:30 UTC 2007

On 8/19/07, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> thanks for the patch. I will review in the coming days, though I
> cannot promise how long it will take until I incorporate the patches.

Well, I'm mainly interested in the review bit. :)

If it passes review, then I'll produce a better patch
to submit for incorporation.

Just let me know if anything seems horrible or misguided about it.

> > When using sockets, I found that short reads weren't being handled
> > properly -- also the built-in socket server code was leaking
> > descriptors.
>
> Can you be more specific about this? Is this related to the sb-sockets code?

Ah, no. the short-read issue is a work around for fread upon a socket,
which is dubious anyhow.

The other is for the built-in tcp code (src/c/tcp.d), which I suspect
that no-one uses -- but it might as well be fixed up a bit.

Regards,
Brian.