[Ecls-list] Kamen Lisp - ECL embedded in Firefox

Dustin Long dlong at stevens.edu
Thu Apr 5 01:12:26 UTC 2007

Hi All,
I wanted to announce a project I've been hacking on for a while. It's a
Firefox extension that allows Common Lisp to be used
instead of Javascript to script webpages. Naturally, it uses ECL as the
lisp environment.

You can check it out here:
http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~dlong/software/kamen/index.php

This is still a very early version, it's still a bit unstable (very
unstable on Linux), and limited in functionality. Basically there's
enough in place to make this demo page work, which calculates fibonachi
numbers and uses some DHTML to display the result:
http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~dlong/software/kamen/fib.html

For the next version I hope to fix many of the current issues (random
crashes, dom limitations, single global environment) but figured you'd
be interested in hearing about where it's at so far.

Dustin