[Ecls-list] ECL-error

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Apr 1 13:30:24 UTC 2007

2007/4/1, birulevo.net <linkfly at birulevo.net>:
> if (echo c gc gmp | grep gmp); then  cd gmp && make install &&  cd .. && mv h/gmp.h ecl/ && rmdir h &&   mv ./libgmp.a ./libeclgmp.a;  fi
> c gc gmp
> make: don't know how to make install. Stop
> *** Error code 2

This tells me that the configuration process of GMP failed. There are
many reasons why it could go wrong. I need a little bit more
information:

* WHat BSD? What machine? (Intel, AMD, PPC?)
* Do you have GMP installed?
* What version of ECL? Is it 0.9i or CVS?

After answering these questions you have two alternatives here:

1) Install gmp from FreeBSD ports, remove the directory "build" and
configure + make again

2) Configure again ECL and collect the output of "configure" and the
files build/config.log, build/gmp/config.log and
build/gmp/config.status and send them to my private email address. I
might be able to find the cause.