[Ecls-list] VC8 : strnlen dllimport function not allowed

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 1 14:25:23 UTC 2006

2006/8/16, Goffioul Michael <goffioul at imec.be>:
> > Thx. I tried adding that flag. I think you had the right idea
> > but the generated config.h file kept #undef'ing it again :)
> > So I just commented out that strnlen function for now.
> >
> > I tried to see how the scripts detect if strnlen exists (if
> > that is what happens?), but I guess it fails with VC8.
>
> Normally, under Win32, the configure scripts are not used and
> the config.h is just copied from one of the msvc/gmp/config-vc6.xx
> Indeed, those files should be updated (and not the Makefile) to
> define HAVE_STRNLEN.

Would you recommend introducing this change in the distribution?
I have no windows around these days and that would probably mean
breaking compatibility with the free Microsoft VC++ compiler and with
previous versions of MSVC, wouldn't it?

Regards,

Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, Garching, D-85748, Germany
Phone: +49 89 32905 345   Fax: +49 89 32905 336
http://www.mpq.mpg.de/Theorygroup/CIRAC/