[Ecls-list] Work in progress...

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 18 13:16:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

the new manual is slowly taking shape. I have mostly finished the
"Standards" part, which document implementation specific limits and
behavior.

Afterwards I will move on to the Extensions and afterwards to the
Internals (right now they are copies of the old manual). The
Extensions should contain things like ASDF, building standalone
programs, etc. Many of these chapters were in the "Developers manual"
and will have to be revised or even rewritten from scratch.

I am wondering whether the documentation is to be distributed with ECL
in processed or unprocessed form. Probably the cleverest idea is to
build a separate package for the manual, with HTML, PDF and other
versions and direct people there.

Comments are welcome.