[Ecls-list] cl-launch and ECL

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 15 09:22:39 UTC 2006

Contratulations. I have not revised all the patch, but from what I
saw, I quite do not like the change to COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME.

I interpret the OUTPUT-FILE argument to C-F-P as a template to which
appropiate extensions are added. The fact that COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME
must output the OUTPUT-FILE argument unchanged when this one is
supplied is your interpretation, but I have not seen it written in the
Hyperspec.

What the Hyperspec says about COMPILE-FILE is "the actual pathname of
the compiled file to which compiled code will be output is computed as
if by calling compile-file-pathname." So if you want to know the
actual output file of COMPILE-FILE you have to call C-F-P with the
same extra arguments you supplied to COMPILE-FILE.

Regards,