[Ecls-list] cl-launch and ECL

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 14 13:45:47 UTC 2006

> On Oct 14, 2006, at 8:26 AM, Rick Taube wrote:
> >       galen:/Lisp/cm hkt$ ./cm
>
> also, how can i get  (require 'asdf) and (requre 'cmp) to become part
> of a dumped standalone? that is i dont want the standaloe to load
> this stuff at run time, i want it contained in the image.

That is not possible for the same reason that FASL files are not used
in standalone programs: they are DLL's of their own.

I do not see the reason why It is a problem to load those modules at
run time and distribute them with your program, unless you are afraid
that somebody is going to guess where they come from.

If you are really into single piece of program, you can simply include
the sources of ASDF and of the compiler in your code. It is pretty
simple: just add the files from the ECL distribution _after_ you have
configured it. Looking into ecl/build/compile.lsp and
ecl/build/cmp/load.lsp will give you an idea of what files are
required.

In my opinion that is an overkill. You will probably run into troubles with
CMP, because it is designed to be with ECL, and to have their library
around, as well as the headers, etc.