[Ecls-list] Problems building ecl-0.9i

Dustin Long dlong at stevens.edu
Wed Oct 11 23:58:43 UTC 2006

Steven_Kilby at kofax.com wrote:
> What I don't quite understand is whether or not I need
> to do anything special to have my lisp functions exported and when they
> are exported how are the symbol names handled.  Also, do I need to make
> any special call to initialize the lisp runtime before I make a call to
> one of my lisp functions.  Is there a simple example maybe that I could
> view?

Hello Steven,
I created a very basic tutorial a bit back for just this sort of
quandary. It might be a bit dated, but I believe at least a third of it
applies to what you're looking to do. (Skip to the C++ part)
http://www.cs.stevens.edu/%7Edlong/vbecl/index.html
As you see, you don't export your lisp functions per say, but rather
give function calls to "cl_safe_eval" and let it call your code. And the
initialization call is "cl_boot".

Hope this helps!
Dustin