[Ecls-list] Problems building ecl-0.9i

Steven_Kilby at kofax.com Steven_Kilby at kofax.com
Wed Oct 11 17:23:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

Thanks.  I did take a look at the HTML documentation and there are several
things that are not clear to me.  I've poked around a bit to see if I
could find the information elsewhere, so please forgive me if I'm asking
what has already been answered.  Please feel free to point me at where I
should be looking if I missed something.  Basically, what I would like to
do is produce a DLL from my lisp code that I can call from a C or C++
Windows program.  What I don't quite understand is whether or not I need
to do anything special to have my lisp functions exported and when they
are exported how are the symbol names handled.  Also, do I need to make
any special call to initialize the lisp runtime before I make a call to
one of my lisp functions.  Is there a simple example maybe that I could
view?

Thanks
Steven

"Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll" <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com>
10/11/2006 10:15 AM

"Steven_Kilby at kofax.com" <Steven_Kilby at kofax.com>
cc
ecls-list at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject
Re: [Ecls-list] Problems building ecl-0.9i

2006/10/11, Steven_Kilby at kofax.com <Steven_Kilby at kofax.com>:
> I just tried building ecl-0.9i with a commercial version of Visual
Studio
> .NET 2003.  I've worked through two problems, first there is a typo in
the
> main Makefile. [...]  The second issue is with
> msvc/gc/Makefile. [...] The third problem I've not been able to
workaround:

>         makeinfo -I ..\..\src\doc --no-split ..\..\src\doc/devel.txi
> Making info file `ecldev.info' from `..\..\src\doc/devel.txi'. [...]
> Anyone have any ideas?

I think that at least the typo has been previously mentioned before in
this mailing list. The documents you can get rid off: comment out the
"makeinfo" line and simply download the HTML files from the net.

Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, Garching, D-85748, Germany
Phone: +49 89 32905 345   Fax: +49 89 32905 336
http://www.mpq.mpg.de/Theorygroup/CIRAC/