[Ecls-list] About Embed ECL into C programs

David_Creelman at pa.com.au David_Creelman at pa.com.au
Tue Nov 21 22:06:47 UTC 2006

Hi Juan,
Pity about the machine setup, but there you go.
It gets a bit complicated with Windows doesn't it. Thanks for putting what
support you have into it.
Other crazy options may be things like ReactOS, but it might not be ready
for that kind of pummelling yet.
I'll look into it though.
Hope the patches I sent were a little useful.
Regards
David

                      "Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll"
                      <jjgarcia at users.sourcefor        To:       "David_Creelman at pa.com.au" <David_Creelman at pa.com.au>
                      ge.net>                          cc:
                      Sent by:                         Subject:  Re: Re: Re: [Ecls-list] About Embed ECL into C programs
                      juanjose.garciaripoll at goo
                      glemail.com

                      21/11/2006 07:05 PM

2006/11/21, David_Creelman at pa.com.au <David_Creelman at pa.com.au>:
> Would it be possible to run the Win32 build in a QEMU/VMWare environment?
> It would be slow, but that might not matter. That way you wouldn't
> necessarily need a dedicated machine (it would be cool if the virtual
machine could
> start a build up at 1:00 in the morning, but I'm getting ahead of myself
and
> don't know how that would be done).

There are several issues. First of all, unlike in my previous job, I
cannot leave the computer working 100% time. Testing and building has
to be done on demand. Second, I have already used the activation key
of my copy of Windows for the machine that melted. But most important,
when I had Windows working, I did not get Cygwin working at all. I
have tried installing from different mirrors, with various levels of
success in different components, but the overall experience has been
extremely frustrating. Once I get my computer back from the technician
I will try again.