[Ecls-list] libevent

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Fri May 26 03:15:04 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 19:03 +0900, Brian Spilsbury wrote:
> On 5/26/06, Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <lisp at arrakis.es> wrote:
> > I have no problem with it. The source code of libevent should however be
> > distributed separately.
>
> Personally I'd rather bundle them for convenience, and being sure that
> it should actually compile, but it isn't a significant issue.

Another thing is that it would be desirable that support for libevent be
conceived as a separate module, distributed in contrib/ and which can be
loaded from ECL. The reason is a license issue: the advertising clause
from BSD is incompatible with LGPL, AFAIR.

Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, Garching, D-85748, Germany
Phone: +49 89 32905 345   Fax: +49 89 32905 336
http://www.mpq.mpg.de/Theorygroup/CIRAC/