[Ecls-list] Re: base-string patch

Brian Spilsbury brian.spilsbury at gmail.com
Mon May 22 01:57:03 UTC 2006

At the moment I've decided to not worry about scripts and just get
unicode strings working, with extended characters being locked down to
boring defaults for case conversion, the reader, etc.

Should have an large patch, which should mostly work, in a couple of days.

Currently I'm permitting unicode symbol names, since it looks like
that may require some policy decisions with respect to C identifiers.

There is some old code for #\Axx character names, which I've ripped
out and replaced with #\ux* so that #\u1 #\21 #\321, etc should all
work -- if there's a good reason to use #\Axx, then let me know :)

I'm currently looking at adding string literal escaping such as
"\u1a2- the\uea8-" -- using - to terminate the hex digit sequence, but
I'm open to other suggestions.

This would allow arbitrary string literals to be included in
standard-char source code.

Regards,
Brian.