[Ecls-list] Closer to MOP for ecl

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Wed May 10 08:42:06 UTC 2006

On 10 May 2006, at 00:22, Greg Pfeil wrote:

> On 9 May 2006, at 12:43, Pascal Costanza wrote:
>
>> The darcs repository for the Closer project contains some first
>> support for ecl. This includes MOP Feature Tests, Closer to MOP,
>> ContextL and AspectL. Only some of the test cases work, but maybe
>> the current version is good enough to provide some level of
>> portability from/to other CLOS MOP implementations.
>
> I'm very excited by how this is coming along. Unfortunately, I
> still can't use a current CL-Containers, since it depends on
> Moptilities, which requires STANDARD-READER-METHOD, which ECL still
> doesn't have. Is this correct, Pascal, or should S-R-M be there,
> and I've got something wrong elsewhere?

This is correct, standard-accessor-method and its subclasses are not
available. Maybe you can just define them by saying (defclass
c2mop::standard-accessor-method (standard-method) ()), etc., export
standard-accessor-method, etc., from c2mop, and then see if you get
farther than before.

If this does the trick, I will just add these class definitions to
Closer to MOP. ECL currently doesn't use these classes, but it
shouldn't hurt anyone if the classes are available nevertheless.

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab