[Ecls-list] Closer to MOP for ecl

Greg Pfeil sellout42 at mac.com
Tue May 9 15:23:02 UTC 2006

On 9 May 2006, at 12:43, Pascal Costanza wrote:

> The darcs repository for the Closer project contains some first
> support for ecl. This includes MOP Feature Tests, Closer to MOP,
> ContextL and AspectL. Only some of the test cases work, but maybe the
> current version is good enough to provide some level of portability
> from/to other CLOS MOP implementations.

I'm very excited by how this is coming along. Unfortunately, I still
can't use a current CL-Containers, since it depends on Moptilities,
which requires STANDARD-READER-METHOD, which ECL still doesn't have. Is
this correct, Pascal, or should S-R-M be there, and I've got something
wrong elsewhere?

I can still use old CL-Containers, though, which is fine ... I just
want to make sure that I'm not running into some other problem that I
may be able to work around.

Thanks.