[Ecls-list] standalone exe, sockets.fas & GET-DECODED-TIME

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Mon May 8 05:33:01 UTC 2006

I sent an answer to this email on Saturday using a W-lan network, but
somehow it was blocked by some Swiss internet provider.

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 11:52 +0400, Dmitri Hrapof wrote:
> How do I "statically" link sockets.fas into standalone executable (like
> saving a core)? Sorry if it's a FAQ.

You can either distribute the *.FAS file and load it from your
standalone executable, or compile it yourself and link it into your
program.

The second option has been discussed recently in the mailing list and
there is an example in the source tree. Basically you use compile-file
with the option ":system-p t" and then use the object file in
c::build-program.

Alternatively you can copy socket.lisp to your source tree, include it
in the ASDF project and use Michael's extensions to build an executable.

> And by the way, form
>
> (multiple-value-bind (seconds minutes hours day month year)
>       (get-decoded-time)
>   (format t "~a ~a ~a ~a ~a ~a~%" seconds minutes hours day month year))
>
> prints 43 NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL for me if compiled into a standalone exe. :-o
> What's wrong?

The type declaration for GET-DECODED-TIME was wrong. I think I have
fixed this in CVS.