[Ecls-list] using ecl_min

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Fri May 5 08:39:01 UTC 2006

You have to understand the following about ecl_min:

1) It only contains a minimal set of lisp functions coded in C. Thus, it
lacks many of the C symbols of lisp compiled functions which are used in
compiled files. For instance cl_find, cl_find_if_not, etc.

2) It also has no toplevel nor argument parsing functions, since these
are coded in lisp.

I think one can solve both problems:

1) Set up a global flag that prevents inlining function calls. This
might also be automatically done when the optimization optim DEBUG = 3.

2) Tweak cinit.d so that it loads all files listed in the argument list.
This would be nice as we could replace the line
	echo '(load "compile")' | ./ecl_min
with simply
	./ecl_min "compile"

Answers are left as an exercise for the reader :-) Not, really, at least
2) should be easy and I would include any of these features in the
distribution if you provide them.

Regards,