[Ecls-list] Re: help port ecl to nslu2

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Thu May 4 00:54:00 UTC 2006

Brian Zhou <b88zhou at gmail.com> writes:

> I disabled defsystem and clx, and it is building fine now.
>
> I understand defsystem is for managing package dependencies. How important is
> it? Part of the standard lib or just contrib? Without defsystem, can I declare
> victory on packaging ecl for nslu2?

Yes, you probably can. defsystem and clx are not part of the CL language
in any way, but rather community standard. But at least defsystem
(somewhat obsolete now) or ASDF (all recent libraries use it) should
work, if you want it to be useful. Without them you will have a hard
time getting any "real" job done.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

"I object to doing things that computers can do." - Olin Shivers