[Ecls-list] Re: help port ecl to nslu2

Brian Zhou b88zhou at gmail.com
Wed May 3 19:36:08 UTC 2006

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <lisp at ...> writes:

> Hi Brian,
>
> thanks for your effort on porting ECL to a new platform. I had a look at
> your log and it is difficult for me right now to say why building
> defsystem.lsp fails. I can only recommend you disabling the contributed
> modules which you probably do not need using, for instace, the options
> --without-clx --without-defsystem --without-asdf, etc.
>
> Please keep us informed of any further problems or success
>
> Regards,
>
> Juanjo

I disabled defsystem and clx, and it is building fine now.

I understand defsystem is for managing package dependencies. How important is
it? Part of the standard lib or just contrib? Without defsystem, can I declare
victory on packaging ecl for nslu2?

Sorry for the newbie question since I'm really a newbie at Lisp, I just started
to read "Paradigm of AI Programming".

Thanks,

-Brian