[Ecls-list] Re: Build failure on OS X 10.4.5 x86

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Thu Mar 30 01:01:00 UTC 2006

Hi Brad,

when I first read your email I was a little bit scared. But now I
understood it is Mac OSX on intel I see the problems: the GMP library
shipped with ECL dates back to before these machines were released.
Otherwise I think the architecture should be the same as in MACOSX on
PPC, and ECL does check by itself things like endianness, word size,
etc, so there should be no further problem. Please report otherwise --
though I do not have an Intel Mac myself, I could probably help you
solve these problems, should there be any.