[Ecls-list] Re: DFFI returning cstring's from heap
dean.oconnor at ite.com.au
Fri Mar 24 00:08:01 UTC 2006
Just for those interested, I did eventually my C interface converted to
lisp via SWIG and running in ECL.
I used the latest swigwin-1.3.29 and used the "-uffi" option to generate
I had to make 2 mods to SWIG code and rebuild it, plus 1 issue that am
guessing may require minor fix in generated lisp.
1. Swig failed to even run (cldn't write to /dev/null" tho cygwin ok)
with "-uffi" option due to some seemingly odd swig code/bug.
- Remove code in Source/Modules/uffi.cxx related to variable "devnull".
2. Swig failed parse due to missing swig type def of C type "bool".
- Updated Lib/uffi/uffi.swg in swig library to add bool type.
3. When loading generated lisp file into ECL, gave error of "The
variable XXXX is unbound." for constants.
- Couldn't fix easily. Simply commented out my generated constant
declarations in lisp file.
- The problem occurs when the swig-defconstant macro calls
So SWIG issues aside, *almost* a painless exercise.
More information about the ecl-devel