[Ecls-list] ECL and Vim

Larry Clapp larry at theclapp.org
Thu Mar 23 09:17:08 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 05:16:20PM +0100, Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 10:55 -0500, Larry Clapp wrote:
> > Jim Bailey has linked ECL to Vim (Vim6, so far).  Lisp support for
> > Vim is still in the embryo stage (not even infancy yet), but we're
> > working on it.  See http://wiki.alu.org:80/Vim_ECL for some
> > general information, including a link to Jim's announcement on the
> > Slimpl mailing list and subsequent discussion.  See also
> > http://www.lispniks.com/mailman/listinfo/slim-vim for current
> > discussion.
>
> Cool! :-D
>
> From your emails I also noticed that there are some name collisions
> between vim and ECL.

Not yet.  Maybe you're talking about here[1] where I said

    I had to change a structure definition in Vim from "struct frame"
    to "struct vim_frame", since ecl.h uses "struct frame" too.

It turned out that was a problem with using --enable-perlinterp in the
Vim configuration; if you don't try to use Perl and ECL at the same
time (and why would you want to? :), all you have to do is #undef CAR
before including ecl.h, because Vim uses CAR for "carriage return"
(... or something; I forget :).