[Ecls-list] No threads on Darwin/x86? [patch]

Stephen Compall s11 at member.fsf.org
Fri Jun 16 23:03:36 UTC 2006

Juanjo writes:
 > I tried building it yesterday. It seems that the version of the
garbage
 > collector we ship is too old for thread support in Darwin/x86.

http://scompall.nocandysw.com/_local/ecl-darwin86-threads-1s11.patch

Please try the above patch against CVS to src/gc/darwin_stop_world.c;
I'm not sure that it's good enough, and an easier hack might be to
disable GC_DARWIN_THREADS in favor of GC_PTHREADS.  I didn't feel
comfortable with trying to replace libgc in the tree with libgc6.7,
as the differences between what's there now and libgc6.5 are fairly
large.

Some of it is borrowed from libgc6.7; the assembler is my own, which
wasn't present in libgc6.7 for some reason.

SLIME and the compiler seem to work.  I didn't test anything else,
and that includes the threading API.  Can you point me to a good
source file or something on ECL threading?

--
Stephen Compall
http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog