[Ecls-list] c-inline conflict in cl-user

Dave Roberts dave at vyatta.com
Wed Jul 5 02:45:30 UTC 2006

I have been playing around a bit with the ECL FFI interface. I noticed that there are problems if one tries to (use-package "FFI") in cl-user. It looks like there is a conflict with c-inline and I wasn't sure if it was safe to shadow it or not. If I don't (use-package "FFI") then Clines isn't imported and things break on that side.

Is the conflict of ffi:c-inline and cl-user:c-inline to be expected or is it a bug that should be reported? Are they really the same function (c-inline was already imported by itself?) and/or is it safe to shadow?

The workaround is of course to create a separate package that uses ffi.

-- Dave