[Ecls-list] Problem with CLOS

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Mon Jan 9 02:00:14 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 11:23 +0100, Goffioul Michael wrote:
> I updated and compiled ECL-CVS from today. I'm trying to load MatLISP,
> but it ends up with a CLOS error:
> 	Unknown initialization option :DELETE-METHODS for class #<The
> 	STANDARD-CLASS STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION>
> The MatLISP version I use is a ported version to ECL and compiled into a
> FAS file. This was still working a few months ago and AFAIK I didn't change
> MatLISP code since then.

The implementation of ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION has changed lately: now it
forwards most calls to ENSURE-GENERIC-FUNCTION-USING-CLASS to allow
reinitializing generic functions. This should not break existing code,
but if the latest version (as of today I mean) still fails to build
MatLISP, feel free to send me the code and I will check what happens.

Regards,