[Ecls-list] Compiling with msvc

Karsten Poeck Karsten.Poeck at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 21:13:27 UTC 2006

Recenty I have some problems with compiling with mcvs (I am sure that this
worked fine before). Recently means >= 9.i

The error i get is something about _errno no be defined.
Google told me that this happens if different c-runtimes are being mixed.
I saw in the logs that for whatever reason while compiling gc.lib the
parameter /MD is replaced with /ML.

I fixed this by the following changing of the order of parameters in the
makefile.
{$(srcdir)}.c{}.obj:
 $(cc) $(cdebug) $(cflags) $(cvars)
$(MFLAGS) -I$(srcdir)\include -DSILENT -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -D__STDC__ -DGC_DLL
 -DGC_BUILD -DLARGE_CONFIG $(THREADS_FLAGS) $< /Fo$*.obj

.cpp.obj:
 $(cc) $(cdebug) $(cflags) $(cvars)
$(MFLAGS) -I$(srcdir)\include -DSILENT -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -DGC_DLL -DGC_BUILD
 -DLARGE_CONFIG $(THREADS_FLAGS) $*.CPP /Fo$*.obj

For whatever reason in the cvars is a /ML

Anybody else with this probelm?
How else to assure the right c-runtime library?

salu2

Karsten