[Ecls-list] OS X Build problem

Dustin Long dlong at stevens.edu
Sun Dec 10 02:35:42 UTC 2006

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> 2006/12/5, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com>:
>
>> 2006/12/5, mark <mark at junklight.com>:
>>
>>> I am trying to build on OS X - latest version , latest XCode, ECL
>>> checked out of CVS and I am getting this:
>>>
>>> ;;; OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=2, Space=3, Speed=3
>>> ;;; Finished compiling src:lsp;mislib.lsp.
>>> ;;; Compiling src:lsp;numlib.lsp.Segmentation violation.
>>>
>> I fixed this bug a couple of weeks ago (or at least a typo which
>> stopped compilation at precisely that point). I cannot reproduce it on
>> an iMac Core2Duo with the latest XCode. Could you update with "cvs
>> update -C -P -d" to ensure you have the latest version?
>>

> Stupid me, I had fixed it but only on my local repository. The bug was
> a typo in "src/c/predicate.d" It should be fixed now.
>
> Juanjo

This also fixed the same bug I was getting when building in windows
under cygwin. With one additional change I can get it to build now:
int8_t was doubly defined, a patch to fix it is attached.

I'm still getting an error when trying to build with MSVC++ 6. The lisp
core boots, then tries to load compile.lsp and crashes when trying to
(:wants-defsystem ...). It's the same thing that Yaroslav emailed about
on Nov 14. I realize that you still don't have a windows machine to
build on, so whenever you can look at it would be fine. If there's
anything I could do to help, please let me know.