[Ecls-list] Windows Binary distribution or Visual Studio solution

Ben benbelly at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 12:45:14 UTC 2006

On 8/28/06, Larry Clapp <larry at theclapp.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 12:09:10PM -0700, blazeski bobi wrote:
> > I'm interested in trying ECL for embedding in my app.
> > However I don't have any experience for building from
> > source.
> > Does anybody has Windows binary distriubution or
> > Visual Studio solution/workspace  , so I could build
> > it myself.
>
> I built one in late July from a then-recent CVS snapshot, with one
> additional patch that Juan later rolled into the main distribution,
> for sub-second sleeping on w32 platforms.  See here[1].

I have an ECL built for windows (no threads) using VC++ 6.0.  I could
try to build vim this week.  What is the best thing to build with?  I
have VC++, Visual Studio .NET 2003, and the mingw compiler that comes
with dev C++.  (Never write C++ without at least 2 or 3 compilers
because you never know if your compiler is quite as standard compliant
as they say).

Hmmmm . . .  I'd need to get swank running with ECL.  Any tips on
that?  Does ECL for windows support asdf?  Guess I need to do a little
research.

-Ben