[Ecls-list] ecl-0.9i build fails on NetBSD/sparc

Eric Radman theman at eradman.com
Mon Aug 21 17:18:15 UTC 2006

On 20:25 Wed 16 Aug     , Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
>    This SIGSEGV is ok. It is generated by the garbage collector to check
>    whether pages have been written to or not. You will have to ignore it
>    and continue at least until you reproduce the error message that was
>    in your previous email.

You're right--the failure I reported at first occurs after I continue
gdb.

I found a post by Bruce O'Neel explaining how to work around this issue:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2006/06/19/0004.html

After replacing src/gmp/mpn/sparc32/udiv_nfp.asm with udiv_fp.asm it did
compile and seems to run fine.

Eric Radman