[Ecls-list] ecl-0.9i build fails on NetBSD/sparc

Bruce O'Neel edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Aug 14 12:34:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm almost 100% sure the problem is in gmp.

After the configure but before the make

cd build/gmp/mpn

look at where udiv_fp.asm is linked from.  You want the same symbolic
link but udiv_nfp.asm rather than udiv_fp.asm.  Then everything should
be fine.

Why?  Got me.  And no, I know just enough SPARC assembly to see some
of the problems and not anywhere enough to fix it.

Normally without the above fix 2 files fail to build for sparc.  I
remember them to be cmpffi.lsp and mislib.lsp.  You can get away with
copying the cmpffi.c, cmpffi.h, and cmpffi.data files and mislib.c,
mislib.h, and mislib.data from a sucessful build and manually runing
the C compiler, and then restarting the ecl build.

What you'll end up with then is an ecl for sparc that won't really
do bignums, ie

(* 123 456 789 101112)

will bus error.

cheers