[Ecls-list] cl-launch and ECL

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 18:27:38 UTC 2006

On 03/08/06, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2006/8/2, Faré <fahree at gmail.com>:
> > * Is there a way to hush ECL from initially printing the following?
>
> As I said in the previous email, just using *load-verbose* = nil
> suffices. It is in the patches I submitted!
Well, thing is, the loading of the two above files seems to happen
very early on, before the -eval form is even loaded -- probably as
part of the code that compiles the form to begin with! And thus
setting it in the file is too late. (Besides, it is already set as
part of the :verbose nil argument to the initial load.) I think this
is a bug in ECL. Note: I'm using package version 0.9i-2 from Debian.

Test:
# ecl -eval '(setf *load-verbose* nil)' -eval '(format t "a~%")'

> There are examples on how to build an executable from a ASDF both in
> the sources and in the mailing list.
OK, I did an apt-get source ecl and saw examples/asdf/readme.lisp
there. I'll take inspiration from it and get it working. Thanks a lot!

Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls
and looks like work.    -- T. A. Edison