[Ecls-list] help port ecl to nslu2

Brian Zhou b88zhou at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 17 22:05:03 UTC 2006

Hi list,

I'm trying to port ecl to nslu2 (a small NAS device with ARM CPU, see
http://nslu2-linux.org for detail) with the optware cross compilation
environment. I made some progress, even got libecl.so cross built. But for
some reason the host ecl built the following four items, while the cross ecl
built only lsp and defsystem.

> ;;; Compiling src:lsp;export.lsp.
> ;;; Compiling ext:defsystem;defsystem.lisp.
> ;;; Compiling ext:asdf;asdf.lisp.
> ;;; Compiling ext:rt;rt.lisp.

Perhaps as a result, the cross ecl binary was not built.

I've checked in the work-in-progress files at

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/nslu/unslung/make/ecl.mk
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/nslu/unslung/sources/ecl/cross_config_nslu2

And I've uploaded a full buildlog (about 2MB) at

http://jywiki.sourceforge.net/logs/make-ecl-ipk.log

I appreciate any help. It would be very nice to have a COMMON LISP running
on the "slug".

-Brian Zhou
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Profiles/BrianZhou