[Ecls-list] Using Femlisp with ECL / Bug reports

Nicolas Neuss Nicolas.Neuss at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Oct 26 10:41:14 UTC 2005

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <lisp at arrakis.es> writes:

> You have to update with
>
> 	cvs update -C -P -d
>
> so that the new directory ecls/src/c/arch and the associated files are
> also downloaded

OK, thanks, I should have thought of that.  Now it compiled[1] and it looks
as if many things are working.  Ufortunately, I think that a lot of
optimization work is necessary.  At the moment, ECL is more than 20 times
slower than any of Allegro/CMUCL/SBCL, probably for a large part due to a
suboptimal compilation of type-adapted BLAS methods.

When I find time I will examine this further.

Anyway, many thanks for your help,

Nicolas.

[1] The problem with compiling and loading sparse.lisp was still there for
me.  It disappeared when I omitted a CALL-NEXT-METHOD as follows:

(defmethod mzerop ((smat <sparse-matrix>) &optional (threshold 0.0))
  (declare (ignore threshold))
  (or (zerop (nr-nonempty-rows smat))
      #-ecl(call-next-method)))