[Ecls-list] 0.9h on a few different systems.

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Mon Nov 28 08:33:13 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 15:23 +0000, Bruce O'Neel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I spent this weekend building ecl 0.9h on a few different systems and things
> went fairly well.

Thanks for testing ECL on so many machines!

> - NetBSD current on sparc.  I still haven't spent the time to find the
> bus error on division in gmp.  This causes cmpffi and mislib to both
> fail to compile.  I copy the results of this from some other system and
> hand compile them then everything goes fine.

:-/ Interesting that the bus errors happens in GMP. That cmpffi and
mislib are affected is probably no wonder, because they have some
bignums (at least mislib, for converting dates).

BTW, the mac68k is really a Macintosh? I wonder whether there's an
emulator for this machine and whether it can run NetBSD -- last time I
tried there were problems with most emulators lacking a mmu :-/

> Thanks for making ecl so portable.  It's very nice.

You're welcome :-) If only I could manage to make it even smaller!