[Ecls-list] trying to figure out the error from a CGI

Greg Pfeil greg at technomadic.org
Sun Nov 20 10:30:08 UTC 2005

On 19 Nov 2005, at 10:23, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 wrote:

> I have been using a trivial CGI library and have code that outputs a
> simple page.
>
> Under CLisp, it works fine - Apache runs the CGI.
>
> Under ECL, I get this in the error.log:
>
> Premature end of script headers: /home/patrick/html/examples/index.cgi

This is just a shot in the dark ...

HTTP requires that each line ends with CRLF. ECL might (I dunno, never
used it on Windows) output LF as the line ending on every platform,
whereas Clisp probably uses CRLF. If you're using ~% in FORMAT or
something as your end-of-line, that may not work. Make a +CRLF+
constant to use in your CGI, see if that helps.

IE, this isn't an ECL problem so much as an HTTP-spec-understanding
problem that people run into in every language.