[Ecls-list] Re: Building on debian

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 19:48:00 UTC 2005

OK, so I never managed to get the included boehm GC to work, not even
by tweaking configure. Eventually, I used:

./configure --enable-boehm=system --enable-threads --enable-opcode8
--with-tcp --with-clx --with-clos-streams --with-cmuformat --with-asdf
--with-defsystem --with-cmp --with-rt --with-x --with-__thread

And now it fails right after building ecl_min.

Wouldn't it be nice if ecls could build out of the box?

Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough
to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others. -- Edward Abbey

if [ -f CROSS-COMPILER ]; then \
        touch ecl_min; \
else \
        gcc  -o ecl_min cinit.o c/all_symbols.o -L./ libeclmin.a
-lpthread -ldl  -lm  -lgc -lgmp;\
fi
sed -e 's, at ecldir@,/usr/local/lib/ecl,g' < compile.pre > compile.lsp
if [ -f CROSS-COMPILER ]; then \
        ./CROSS-COMPILER < compile.lsp; \
else \
        ./ecl_min < compile.lsp; \
fi
;*** Lisp core booted ****
ECL (Embeddable Common Lisp)  16384 pages

Unrecoverable error:
Lisp initialization error.

/bin/sh: line 1:  9754 Aborted                 ./ecl_min <compile.lsp
make[1]: *** [ecl] Error 134