[Ecls-list] SAVE-SYSTEM?

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Wed Nov 16 04:23:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 09:02 -0800, Gregory Martin Pfeil wrote:
> On 15 Nov 2005, at 8:00, Nicolas Neuss wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am loading my Femlisp with ASDF and would like to create a
> > standalone
> > executable.  What is the easiest way to do that?  In GCL, I have
> > used the
> > function SAVE-SYSTEM.  Is there an analogue in ECL?
>
> There is now an ASDF operation to do such a thing. If you have an
> ASDF system, you can just:
>
>      (asdf:oos 'asdf:build-op 'my-system :type :program)
>
> or, for a bit more brevity, there's a wrapper:
>
>      (make-build 'my-system :type :program)

Actually, just before the release I have fixed asdf-ecl so that this
works. The reason is that formerly your executable would _always_ end up
at the toplevel. Now it just executes the files from the system
definition and quits.

I have also added some trivial examples to ecls/src/examples/asdf (See
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ecls/ecls/examples/asdf in a
couple of hours), which show how simple it is to build a standalone
application thanks to Michael's code.

Regards,