[Ecls-list] change request for MSVC for *cc-flags*

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Tue Nov 15 00:13:03 UTC 2005

> - The ~/ just marks the root dir of my ECL sources (in fact
> F:\usr\src\ecls-cvs\) and I also used the flatinstall (to
> D:\usr\local\ecl-0.9).
>
> - As far as I understand, the ASDF compile process uses the C
> compiler
> command as defined by c::*cc-format* in compile.lsp.in and this only
> includes a link to the @true_builddir@, which will become
> '~/msvc//h' in
> compile.lsp.

In a installed ECL, the compiler command line is defined in src/cmp/cmpcfg.lsp.in.
The values used in compile.lsp.in are only used for building ECL itself. In
a producation environment, the compiler variables will refer to the ECL
installation directory, not the ECL source tree.

> - The missing include 'ecl-cmp.h' would in my case happen to be in
> F:\usr\src\ecls-cvs\src\h oder in D:\usr\local\ecl-0.9\h but none of
> these is listed in c::*cc-format*.

If you look in msvc/cmp/cmpcfg.lsp, you'll notice that c::*cc-format*
contains the directive -I~A/h which will be replaced at run-time by
the ECL compiler to obtain -I<where-ECL-is-installed>/h. This should
be OK after a "make flatinstall".

> - The compilation works, when I set the INCLUDE environment
> variable (to
> include F:\usr\src\ecls-cvs\src\h) but I guess that it's the
> very idea
> of the c::*cc-format* to allow compilation w/o this. What I'm
> compiling
> is the split-sequence library in directory
> F:\usr\src\cl-libs\split-sequence using the following compile code:
>
> (require 'asdf)
> (load "split-sequence.asd")
> (use-package "ASDF")
> (make-build :split-sequence :type :fasl)
> (load "split-sequence.fas")
>
> This is started in directory F:\usr\src\cl-libs\split-sequence.
>
> - I don't see how compilation should work if the header directory
> ~\src\h which holds files NOT available in ~\msvc\h is not in the
> include path, so my proposal was to add this, either from below the
> @true_srcdir@ or from the target path of the flatinstall.

These are source dircetories. They should not be refered at all in a
production environment because you cannot assume that the user has
access to the ECL source tree.

Michael.