[Ecls-list] change request for MSVC for *cc-flags*

fBechmann at t-online.de fBechmann at t-online.de
Mon Nov 14 13:55:01 UTC 2005

Hi Juan,

1st of all many thanks for your great dedication, I really appreciate
your effort to work on mine and the other issues listed here. And now
I'll try to clarify, sorry for the confusion:

- The ~/ just marks the root dir of my ECL sources (in fact
F:\usr\src\ecls-cvs\) and I also used the flatinstall (to
D:\usr\local\ecl-0.9).

- As far as I understand, the ASDF compile process uses the C compiler
command as defined by c::*cc-format* in compile.lsp.in and this only
includes a link to the @true_builddir@, which will become '~/msvc//h' in
compile.lsp.

- The missing include 'ecl-cmp.h' would in my case happen to be in
F:\usr\src\ecls-cvs\src\h oder in D:\usr\local\ecl-0.9\h but none of
these is listed in c::*cc-format*.

- The compilation works, when I set the INCLUDE environment variable (to
include F:\usr\src\ecls-cvs\src\h) but I guess that it's the very idea
of the c::*cc-format* to allow compilation w/o this. What I'm compiling
is the split-sequence library in directory
F:\usr\src\cl-libs\split-sequence using the following compile code:

(require 'asdf)
(load "split-sequence.asd")
(use-package "ASDF")
(make-build :split-sequence :type :fasl)
(load "split-sequence.fas")

This is started in directory F:\usr\src\cl-libs\split-sequence.

- I don't see how compilation should work if the header directory
~\src\h which holds files NOT available in ~\msvc\h is not in the
include path, so my proposal was to add this, either from below the
@true_srcdir@ or from the target path of the flatinstall.

btw.: the 2nd issue has been "solved" by a 'nmake clean' and a complete
new build.

Hope that helps - otherwise just forget my complaints, and I'll stick
with my INCLUDE environment variable ;)

Best regards,
   Frank