[Ecls-list] ECL on OpenBSD/HPPA

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Tue Nov 8 08:19:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 13:33:50 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <lisp at arrakis.es> wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 20:22 +0100, Julian Stecklina wrote:
> > I get as far as:
> >
> > if [ -f CROSS-COMPILER ]; then \
> >         ./CROSS-COMPILER < compile.lsp; \
> > else \
> >         ./ecl_min < compile.lsp; \
> > fi
> > Bus error (core dumped)
> > gdb on the core file gives: [...]
> > Any pointers from here on? ECL was my only hope in getting _some_
> > lisp running on this box. :)
>
> "Bus error" are typically produced due to a wrong alignment of data
> (i.e. accessing longs on an oddly aligned pointer) or because of
> faulty pointers. However, I cannot reproduce this error on a
> OpenBSD/x86, which, to my own astonishment, is building right now on
> the SourceForge compiler farm. I have no access to HPPA machines,
> unfortunately.

It's not particularly important to get ECL running on this ancient box.
I'll try it with Linux on HPPA and if the problem persists, I have to
live with it. :)

Thanks for your help, anyway. At least OpenBSD/x86 is working now.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

When someone says "I want a programming language in which I
need only say what I wish done," give him a lollipop. - Alan Perlis