[Ecls-list] ECL on OpenBSD/HPPA

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Tue Nov 8 04:37:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 20:22 +0100, Julian Stecklina wrote:
> I get as far as:
>
> if [ -f CROSS-COMPILER ]; then \
>         ./CROSS-COMPILER < compile.lsp; \
> else \
>         ./ecl_min < compile.lsp; \
> fi
> Bus error (core dumped)
> gdb on the core file gives: [...]
> Any pointers from here on? ECL was my only hope in getting _some_ lisp
> running on this box. :)

"Bus error" are typically produced due to a wrong alignment of data
(i.e. accessing longs on an oddly aligned pointer) or because of faulty
pointers. However, I cannot reproduce this error on a OpenBSD/x86,
which, to my own astonishment, is building right now on the SourceForge
compiler farm. I have no access to HPPA machines, unfortunately.

Regards,