[Ecls-list] Wiki

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Mon May 2 12:14:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 02 May 2005 20:27:02 +0200
Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <lisp at arrakis.es> wrote:

> Julian Stecklina wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I just added some pages to the wiki
> >( http://ecls.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/view ). EclExtensions ->
> >GrayStreams needs a minimal example I guess. I would have put a link
> >to our wiki on cliki, but I cannot reach cliki.net at the moment.
> >
> >I am a bit depending on up-to-date documentation as my X-Chat plugin
> >is somehow broken with current ECLs and I have yet to figure out why.
> >
> The streams interface hasn't almost changed. Only new functions are
> provided for handling more advanced features, such as buffered output.
>
> Basic stream classes are provided, and your stream class may inherit
> from them. This is documented in the Gray streams specification, which
> I  believe is distributed with CMUCL (I should eventually include it).

Thanks for the pointer. This will prove useful. Unfortunately my time is
severely limited for the next month or two. So it has to wait. :-/

> BTW, your plugin seems to compile, but I cannot figure out a simple
> way  to test it -- I have never used IRC before :-)

Hehe. It compiles and mostly works, but I use a custom stream class to
get *standard-output* redirected to X-Chat's console. This is broken.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: "Any sufficiently complicated C
or Fortran program contains an ad-hoc, informally-specified bug-ridden
slow implementation of half of Common Lisp."