[Ecls-list] Wiki

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Mon May 2 11:27:08 UTC 2005

Julian Stecklina wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I just added some pages to the wiki
>( http://ecls.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/view ). EclExtensions ->
>GrayStreams needs a minimal example I guess. I would have put a link to
>our wiki on cliki, but I cannot reach cliki.net at the moment.
>
>I am a bit depending on up-to-date documentation as my X-Chat plugin is
>somehow broken with current ECLs and I have yet to figure out why.

The streams interface hasn't almost changed. Only new functions are
provided for handling more advanced features, such as buffered output.
Basic stream classes are provided, and your stream class may inherit
from them. This is documented in the Gray streams specification, which I
believe is distributed with CMUCL (I should eventually include it).

You may also look at src/lsp/streams.lsp, and more precisely to the
functions which are above the first ^L These are the generic functions
which you can redefine to suit your needs.

BTW, your plugin seems to compile, but I cannot figure out a simple way
to test it -- I have never used IRC before :-)