[Ecls-list] Build on win32 (and clsql)

Ury Marshak urym at two-bytes.com
Mon Jun 27 06:17:59 UTC 2005

lisp wrote:

>>If I figure how to redirect stderr to a file under windows, I'll
>>have a closer look.f
>>

>That would be very useful. I will try building with MSVC 2003 and see how
>far it goes. I have not tried in the last weeks.

As strange as it is (I didn't expect it from Windows shell), but the
simple "nmake >aaa.txt 2>&1" worked :)
Here is the relevant part:

Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 7.10.3077

/debug
/out:cmp.fas
/dll
/implib:cmp.lib
/LIBPATH:D:/Software/ECL/lib/ecl/
ecl.lib
user32.lib
ws2_32.lib
/EXPORT:init_CODE
cmp.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpdefs.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpmac.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpinline.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmputil.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmptype.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpbind.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpblock.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpcall.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpcatch.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpenv.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpeval.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpexit.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpflet.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpfun.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpif.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmplam.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmplet.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmploc.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpmap.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpmulti.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpspecial.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmptag.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmptop.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpvar.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpwt.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpffi.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpct.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpcfg.obj
D:/WORK/ecls/msvc/cmp/cmpmain.obj
   Creating library cmp.lib and object cmp.exp
cmpdefs.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _si_do_deftype
referenced in function _init_CMP_CMPDEFS
cmp.fas : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
 #P"cmp.fas"

>There is an error in the ECL compiler which prevents slime from being
>built. The error requires major changes, since it goes back to a pre-ECLS
>section of the compiler -- that which deals with toplevel forms -- and it
>will take some time to fix.

I'm really out of my depth here, so does it mean it's not possible to
run even with some minimal features,
at least command line editing?

Thanks,
Ury