[Ecls-list] Threads

Maciek Pasternacki maciekp at japhy.fnord.org
Thu Jun 23 15:30:37 UTC 2005

I just started working on ecl multiprocessing support; just commited
some fixes (fixed bug 1222693 `cl_env.big_register[] not initialized
for child threads') to CVS.  Current thread API is now available in
ecls wiki at http://ecls.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/view/Main/MultiProcessing .
Any corrections/suggestions regarding to API details or thread-related
bugreports are welcome.

As far as I googled out there is no standard or even semi-standard
multiprocessing semantics; is there anything we want to conform to, or
do we just want to make it work good, and let rest of the world
conform to our superior design? ;)

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp at japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / { ...to keep from dying is not the same as ``to live''. }