[Ecls-list] compilation on MacOS X

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Wed Jan 26 00:27:03 UTC 2005

bernard tatin wrote:

> Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:
>
>> bernard tatin wrote:
>>
>> As for the other problems, 1) The sources in SF have this bug: they
>> expect ECL to be compiled using the flag --with-cmuformat. That has
>> been solved in CVS. 2) The test suite has some unbalanced parenthesis
>> in one of the files. Until now ECL did not complain about these stray
>> parenthesis, but this has been changed for greater ANSI compatibility.
>
> Only one unbalanced parenthesis in file ecl_chap14_cons.tst line 270.
> The best is when I do
> cd build/tests
> make
> I have a lot of *.erg files : [...]
> I think there is some job to do with these tests. For example, compare
> my outputs with others. Is it a good idea ?

The problem with the old test suite is that it assumes some properties
of the reader/printer for real numbers and you will get lots of "errors"
in files like number.erg because of small differences (1e-14 or so) in
the outcome of the computations. But other files you can compare between
platforms without further problem. I can even supply you with the files
from my linux box.